Sunday, May 23, 2010

Still on the hunt

So we are still on the hunt for a new place to live.

We are going to look at a rental house tomorrow.  I don't know much about it other than what it looks like on the outside.  It would be wonderful if we looked at it and loved it and this could be the end of our search, lol, but that might be too easy!  I guess you never know.  It is a 2-story house and I'll really have to see how the upstairs is laid out.  I am leaning more toward having a 1-story house.  It would just be so nice for Oliver to be able to go into his room and play without it being a trip up the stairs, setting up the gates and me being up there with him.  Like I said, we'll have to see how its laid out.

Many, many people are telling us we should buy versus rent.  Would I rather buy?  ABSOLUTELY.  Do I think its the responsible thing to do right now?  Not so sure on that one.  Money is tight for us, I'll be the first to admit that.  While we may get financed to buy a home, the general maintenance on a home is what worries me.  If we would have anything, at all, go wrong, we dont have much of a savings to dip into.  As much as I would rather buy a home versus rent, I feel like we need to get ourselves a little more grounded first.  While I try not to think about it, the reality of Jay working in the auto industry means very possible lay-offs.  Those weeks where we are only getting unemployment are tough.  If we had another 3 month lay-off period like we went through last summer that would be extremely hard with owning a home.  I think it would be wiser to save for a down payment and be more financially secure.  I just don't think we need to dig ourselves into any more debt.

I keep reminding myself of what Pastor Jeff told me: "Don't let the world tell you what you need.  Oliver needs a mom and dad that love him, and each other.  Period."  I think of that over and over every day. 

Its hard when our friends have houses and we don't.  It really is.  But this is where we are at in our lives and God will bring us to a better place.  I have no doubts about that.  My problem is patience..I want that better place to come now!  I tend to run ahead of God's timeline...

So please, if you could just say a prayer for us that we find a home within our budget that we feel comfortable in, I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment