Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yesterday's house=no

The house was a no.

There were a few things I liked. And a LOT that we didn't like. And nothing that we loved.

It had a big front porch and nice size backyard. But the 1 car detached garage? It was falling in on itself.  It had new carpet, new paint. But the kitchen was pretty old and didn't have a dishwasher. We don't have a dishwasher now and its a pain in the butt. Especially with all the baking I do, and the 1,864,579 sippy cups we seem to go through.  The downstairs bathroom was really nice; the upstairs bathroom was dingy and didn't have a shower just a big old tub. Which wouldn't have been awful if it was, um, a bit cleaner feeling.  It also had the most random little doors on the kitchen and bedrrom walls. They were, like, 2 feet tall and 1 foot wide maybe? They were up at my eye level and had about 3 shelves inside. I'm sure I could find random stuff to put in there, but it was just weird. The rooms were all nice sizes.  I wasn't sure about the 2-story thing, either, and after climbing these stairs it was a no. The steps themselves were so small I had to turn my feet sideways to climb them. Not something I really want when holding a toddler. And if it was awkward for me, I know it was for Jay.

And the washer and dryer? Downstairs in the scary, smelly basement. Our clothes wouldnt even feel clean after being down there. It was BAD.

So we're back to looking.  Its frustrating because, like Brenda the realtor said, there are not a lot of nice houses for rent in town.  They are dumps.  Oh how I wish we could buy...but I just don't think we should...

No comments:

Post a Comment