Monday, February 1, 2010

February!

(Oliver watching Mickey!)
I can't believe January is over already, but I have to say, I'm glad it is. For some reason January is always a drag for me. I think its because the holidays are over (did I mention that we still have stockings hanging up...oops.) and I always have big ambitions for the new year but not the motivation to do them. Its always so dang cold out, and especially with a little one, I don't like to get out in the cold and spend lots of days inside. Plus, February is a short month, and even though our March is usually still cold, there is hope for warm weather soon at that point!

And it seem silly, but I like the fact that the first day of the month starts on a Monday. :) It just seems like a total new start! lol

So I have set a few goals for myself for the month. I'm sure they will be works in progress.

1. Continue to read the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the day of the month with Oliver in the morning. Although he doesn't understand all that I am saying, I believe it is very important for him to see that the Bible is a very important book to our family. The only way I can expect for him to someday read the Bible as well is for him to see us reading it.

2. File paperwork/bills/etc. once a week instead of letting it all pile up. (Hmmm which means I also need to catch up on January...)

3. Get into God's word everyday. I know I already said we would be reading Proverbs but God has really laid on my heart to study his word every single day. As Oliver gets bigger and bigger I want him to be used to hearing us talk about God in every area of our lives, whether it be a quick prayer when we wake up in the morning for God to guide us throughout our day, or when I praise him for listening to Mommy or Daddy because God wants us to be obedient to our parents. My parents were wonderful, amazing parents. However, we didn't talk a lot about the Bible in relation to everyday life. In no way do I mean to speak anything against them, please don't read it as that. I just believe every generation has changes that they make with their own families, and thank goodness for that, change is good! I know growing up I always wanted a reason "why, why, why" when my parents told me I needed to do something. (Cleaning my room, Mom? Doing algebra homework, Dad? lol) I want Oliver to grow up having a Biblical basis for why I tell him to do things. Which means I need to really study because I am fairly new myself to really knowing the Bible.

I know there are more things I want to do, but those are my top 3 for now. Besides, I think Oliver needs a diaper change..lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment