Saturday, July 17, 2010

Still Living in a "compartment"

So on Tuesday of last week we looked at a rental house and **Loved** it.  It was in the perfect location.  It had a playroom.  Which had one whole wall lined with built in cabinets which would have been perfect for Oliver's toys.  It was 3 bedroom, one of which had built-in bookcases. (And if you know me, you know I own practically a small library. lol)  One and a half baths, and the full bath had two sinks and a huge vanity area.  Nice front porch area and a fenced in back yard.  New central air.  A one-car garage that had enough room also for some storage.

So we go to look at it on Tuesday, and the realtor gets some information from us such as Jay's work history and wages and said he was basically determining if we would be able to afford it.  (Which we could.)  He said there were others who had looked at it that day and the owner wanted to meet with those of us interested and then decide.

I prayed my heart out.  I seriously have never prayed Heaven down like I did last week.

Wednesday passed.  No word.

Thursday passed.  No word.

Friday I couldn't stand it.  Jay called and asked to talk to Jim, the realtor about the house, and the lady who answered the phone said that Jim was out and the house had been rented on Thursday.

I was devastated.  I'll admit it.  Crushed.  Jay made the call at the beginning of our drive down to my mom's and I cried for most of the hour and a half drive down to Indy.

Boy was I struggling.  I know God's timing is perfect, and I even prayed that if it wasn't meant to be that God would keep us out of there.  Which is exactly what he did.  But man I thought for sure it was meant to be. 

Today I'm feeling much better.  If that house wasn't the right one for us, I can't wait to see what is!  God must have something awesome in store for us.  I can't wait to get to it.....

Pray that we get out of this crappy "compartment" soon.  I can barely stand living there.  Going "home" is not relaxing or enjoyable.  We spend as much time away from there as we can.  We are rarely ever home for a night.  I am embarassed to have people come over.  I will go far out of my way to avoid having people come over.  Its not that bad, really, but its cramped and I am just not proud of it, I guess you could say.  I want some place that I have some pride in.  Maybe that's my problem?  Maybe I shouldn't be storing my treasures here on Earth but storing them in Heaven?  But don't you also think God wants us to feel good here, too?

I go round and round with these kind of questions.  "God, please get us into a home soon.  Please."

"But God, its not about the material stuff, really."

Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment