Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ahhh, air conditioning.

So when Jay stopped by after work, the a/c STILL wasnt on.  Jay got so mad and went to the office and what does the mgr say? "Well what do you think people did before air conditioning?"

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

I think I would've flipped out at this point.  I used to curse, a lot.  But I really don't anymore.  However, this may have brought out some colorful language had I heard this.

Do you really want to argue such an irrelevant point?  We are PAYING for an apt that has AIR CONDITIONING AND MAINTENANCE!!!!!  WE ARE RECEIVING NEITHER!!!!!

What did people do before hot water heaters?  Yet I expect that to be fixed. (Even if they dont think it shoudl be.)  And you better believe if we have our furnace go out in the winter I will not stand for being without heat for 4 days.  What did people do before furnaces?  What an idiotic, stupid freaking comment.

Jay went back over at 4:30, cos she said they would be there by 5:00.  That made me angry, cos I called at 9:00 and they werent going to come til 5:00?!  What the heck?!?!

So when he went back, of course they werent there yet, so he went straight to the office.  The office lady says "Oh, let me call them to get them over there."  She hadnt even called them to tell them to come!! At all!!!!!

So they finally came around 5:00 and got it fixed about an hour later.  When we came home at 10:00 it felt better.  Still warm upstairs but not anything like yesterday.

As Jay was leaving the office the last time today, he heard them say something about waiting til tomorrow to fix it.  I don't know what was said, exactly, I need to ask him again.  I would have FLIPPED OUT if they had waited.

So many people have told me to refuse to pay for the 4 days that we were not able to stay in our apt.  But I don't know how we go about doing that.  Just refuse to pay it?  They can evict us if we dont pay by the 16th of the month.  So how in the world do we do that?!?!

Our apt is HUD housing, so I'm going to look online and see if I can file a complaint with how they handled this.  It was beyond ridiculous. 

I'll need a thesaurus before I write a complaint though.  I think "ridiculous" might loose its emphasis if I use it 418 times.

But for now, we have a/c.  ahhhhhh.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment