Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

What a great weekend.  Last week was stressful...I don't know what was up with Oliver, but he just wasn't himself.  Teething, maybe?  A jump start on Terrible Two's? What it was, I hope he got it out of his system...at least for a couple days :) 

I want to get reading my attachment parenting books again.  Its so hard some days to not say "no" a hundred times.  But I dont want him to hear that from me all the time.  And I want to be able to help him when he gets frustrated and just screams.  Sometimes, I do just ignore it.  But that's hard to do, and if I can find a different way, I'll do it.  I just don't feel write ignoring him.  I know this age is hard for him too.  He doesn't understand why he can't do things sometimes.  So hopefully this week will be better than last.

Friday night I was able to go to dinner with one of my best friends Amanda.  I've known Amanda for almost 6 years now.  We met at Ball State and she was my maid-of-honor.  We don't get to spend a lot of time together so it was great going to dinner.  Then we went and she got a wedding shower and wedding gift she needed and then we hit up Target.  I got a  new bathing suit...a one piece.  I'm offiicially a MOM.  LOL  I think I got into a bathing suit once last year.  When I was pregnant I don't think I ever wore one, even though I had a maternity suit.  But this year Jays parents opened their pool so I knew I'd be in the pool a lot and I was NOT wearing the same suits that I wore before baby.  No. Thank. You.  So as much as I *HATE* bathing suit shopping, I finally sucked it up and got a one-piece that isn't too bad.

Sunday we spent the day with our friends Amber and Brian from church.  Their son Brady is only a week older than Oliver and is soooo super cute.  Oliver and Brady are best buds and boy did they have a blast! I'll post pics after I upload them from my camera.  They each only slept about half an hour on the ride up to the lake and then they played hard allll day.  Oliver crashed soon after we left and slept a solid 12 hours...and a 3 hr nap today! 

This week will be a marathon of baking/decorating.  Check out my cake and cookie blog to stay posted on what all I'll be up to.  I had every intention of starting it all today.  But I was exhausted and then tonight my sinuses are making me feel like crap.  I need to get to bed.  I am just soooo tired. 

Talk to you all later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment