Sunday, August 29, 2010

Doing Well

We finally have our internet at home, but I just haven't spent much time online.  I absolutely love our new home.  Sometimes I find that I'm not sure what to call it.  Its not an apt, and I don't think of it as a "condo" like the landlord does.  Its a duplex, but I just call it a house.  Its set up exactly like a house, and from the inside, you cant tell you have someone on one side of you.  When you look outside, its just our backyard.  Looking out the front, we dont even have anyone across the street from us.  Its wonderful.  Especially after living in a rowdy apt complex where I didnt even want to open my windows because I felt like people could hear our conversations.  seriously, it was that bad.  I would be in the kitchen and kids would literally come up and play on our back patio.  It always blew me away that they would do that, but it was true.

So more to come soon.  We're still moving some things.  We get our washer and dryer tomorrow.  YIPPEE!!!!!!  We havent had our own washer and dryer for 2 1/2 years.  And for the year before that we had an itty-bitty stackable washer and dryer.  So this will be heaven.  Just like the dishwasher has been!   I told Jay I dont even want to go back and get anything else from the apt because things dont feel crowded here and its wonderful.  I just want to get our pictures and leave all the other stuff, lol.  Thankfully we have some storage room in the garage so not everything has to end up inside.  I'm getting rid of stuff like crazy too! I'm one to throw out just about anything...literally.  Jay and I were trying to figure out what to do with our chaise chair and I told him we should just get rid of it, lol.

Oliver had his 2nd birthday last week (Aug 26) and it was so fun to be in our new place.  He got really spoiled and has a billion new toys, but thats ok.  He is such a blessing to us, and we thank God everyday for him!

Pictures to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment