Saturday, August 21, 2010

Packing.

I am so excited to be packing-because it means we are getting OUT of here.  But, I hate it at the same time!  where to put these boxes as I pack?  Its not like we had any room to spare in the first place.  Someone said to put the boxes where the stuff you're packing was.  Great, except I cant fit boxes in my cabinets! 

We get the keys tomorrow.  Not sure what time though...and we have to be at our friend's house around 6, and they live about an hour away.  maybe less.  Our good friend died last year as a result of a tragic shooting, and his sister (one of my good friends -she introduced me and Jay) and her parents are having a "Letters to Heaven" balloon release as a memorial. Its going to be really sad -  but good at the same time.  I cant believe its been a year already.  Landon, know that we love you and miss you so much.  There are times I still dont believe you could possibly be gone.

So depending on what time we get the keys, we hope to move at least a couple car loads of stuff.  Then after Jay gets off work on Monday we are going to have some friends help us move some of the big stuff.  Some of the bigger stuff we'll leave here for the time being (like the bookcases, and possibly Oliver's crib since he's sleeping in his toddler bed) and get them as we can.  We have to wait 30 days to get out of this lease, so we have time.  We want to be able to start staying there as soon as possible, so hopefully we can do that after moving some stuff on Monday.  Oliver's birthday is on Thursday, so it really is a whirlwind right now.  We are so, so happy to be getting out of here though.  I cant even describe it!

Tonight we are going to go look at washer and dryers...YAY!!!  Ok, I'm not excited about spending that much money, but its been nearly 2 1/2 years since I have had my own washer and dryer.  We have had to cart all of our laundry across the parking lot to the laundry place here at the apt or do it at my in-laws. (Which we are so thankful for! They have been so sweet about letting us come and go and use their washer and dryer.  I owe my MIL big time after taking over her laundry room for the past 2.5 years.)  We are also going to go look for some bathroom stuff, since we will have an extra bathroom.  Plus, the stuff we have in our bathroom now is old and yucky.  Something very exciting (to me!) is that since there are 2 full baths upstairs, Jay is going to use the one in the hallway (which is also going to be Oliver's) that way he doesnt wake us up in the morning.  So...I get my own bathroom! YAY!!!  I'm sure it will be infiltrated to some extent with Olivers things (as is our entire home!) but thats totally ok.  I'm just excited to have some space.  A lot of the homes we looked at only had 1 or 1.5 baths, and we wouldve made it work fine (we have 1.5 here- but I hate the downstairs one so I rarely use it.) but I'm pretty excited to have 2 1/2 baths at our new place!

I know that as we have more children and acquire more things, our new home will eventually feel small to us. But for right now, I am loving the feeling of moving into somplace bigger.  My number one goal in this new place is to keep it ORGANIZED.  We have zero organization here and it drives me NUTS.  I hate it.  I think thats one reason I'm always stressed-I cant find anything.  So even if things get messy, I want to be able to get it organized. Things may not always be in their place - but as long as they have a place to be in, I'll accept that.

...off to pack some more...

No comments:

Post a Comment