Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Baby Its Cold Outside!


The weather still seems to be the main topic of thought. Probably because its been snowing non-stop and its too cold to leave the house!!! I'm wondering how long it will be until I can't stand it anymore and have to get out! It'll have to be sometime during the day or the weekend...I'll deal with boredom before I take Oliver out in this bone chilling weather.

Oliver has been sleeping so much lately! I wonder if he's going through a growth spurt or something. For example. He slept from 4:30 til about 6:45 yesterday afternoon. He woke up, jumperoo-ed for awhile, then by by 8:00 was rubbing his eyes already. We got a quick bath, and about half a bottle until he was out, and it was before 8:45. He slept until 8:00 this morning! He was up for about 2 hours, then slept another 2 hours. During the afternoon he took two 30 minute naps. Then he fell asleep about 5:30 and slept til 7:45. I think if I had taken him to bed and laid down with him he would have fallen right back to sleep. But I'm trying to avoid a 5:30 a.m. wake-up call! (He tends to sleep in 12 hours shifts during the night.)

And to all my mommy-friends reading this, I'm really not trying to rub it in! I promise!

I love the picture for today. He was in our little swing in the kitchen while I was making lunch and every time I would look over he'd have this big smile on his face. He is such a happy baby. I just adore him!!

(P.S. random side note: chef boyardee ravioli tastes really good when you're 19, living in a college dorm room, and 90% of your food is microwaved. Five years later...not so great. LOL)

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking a definite growth spurt is on the way. That's how it works around here. And don't you love when they sleep great like that?

    Love his onesie- Nicholas had it when he was an itty bitty, but I gave it away so Erik didn't get to wear it. Oliver is a definite heartbreaker though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol lyndsey, ikwym about the chef boyardee.....i feel the same way about kraft mac n cheese....blech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks, Gisela! The onesie was in a tub of clothes my SIL gave me from my nephew. I love it!
    And yes, I love when they sleep like that!!

    Adriana, lol, I definitely have food aversions from college!! haha!

    ReplyDelete