Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thursday Recap



Well, I'm a couple days behind on my blog, but I'm catching up. I want to stick with posting daily pics of Oliver, so I'm just going to go back and write about each day.

Thursday. Let's see...the day itself was fairly uneventful, until about 7:45 p.m. I was about to get Oliver ready for a bath and decided to call my mom really quick. When I was on the phone with her our power flickered...and then flickered again...and then was out.

Crap! It was terribly cold outside, but I was hoping it was just a fluke and would be back on soon. I looked outside and EVERYTHING was dark as could be. Well, shoot. Russ, my FIL, called and asked if we had lost our power. (They live less than 5 mins away.) He said they too had lost it but it was back on already. I told him I would call him back shortly and let him know if our power had returned or not.


"Or not" was the answer. I placed Oliver in his crib while I quickly tried to think of what we would need to stay the night over there. I didn't need much, but when traveling with a baby, it seems like everything but his furniture must go, haha. He was getting fussy, as I'm sure he sensed that something wasn't right, besides the obvious fact that it was DARK!!!


Russ came and got us, and WOW, poor Oliver was NOT happy to be outside!! I can't blame the poor baby, it was -12 degrees with the windchill something closer to -30. By the time we got to my IL's house, though, he had fallen asleep while sucking on my finger. (I'm in trouble when he cuts teeth!)


Around 11:00 Russ went out to check if the power was back on. Nope! So we settled in for the night, Oliver and I snuggling up in what used to be Jay's old room. Little did we know it would be almost 48 more hours until we would be home!!




*I love these pictures from Thursday...his face looks so chunky!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment