Sunday, January 18, 2009

Flashback Friday


Jay went to our apt around 1:00 to check and see if we had power. Still NO!! He got more stuff for us to stay another day and night at his parents house. I really appreciate them letting us stay there, and for Russ going out in sub-zero temps to get us. Its not that I minded being there; it was just frustrating knowing I couldn't go home, you know?

So Jay left for work a little before 3:30 and on his way called the apt office to check again. By this time, it had just come on. I decided to just stay the rest of the evening and night there at his parents' house. I didn't really want to go back until I knew it had warmed up, and by that point it would have been nighttime anyway.

So Oliver and I just hung out Friday night, did some laundry (with him in tow in my sleepy wrap!), and relaxed. Russ and Margie had the boys (Jay's nephews Nathan (age 6) and Joshua (4)) and had to run to Fort Wayne so it was just us.

For being out of his routine, Oliver did so well. He is such a sweet baby. Its so fun to see him grow and develop. Lately he has been having fun pulling his pacifier out of his mouth and holding it up to see. At the same time, it makes him mad that it's not in his mouth anymore, even though he was the one to pull it out! Too cute. Its also fun to see him recognize familiar faces. He watched his Poppa walking around the family room and talking the other night. It was so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment